So the book fair is all wrapped up and the grand total was almost a thousand in sales. The school will be buying the rest of the merchandise, which will earn us 60% of our total fair in credit at scholastic. That basically calulates to a 2for1 deal. Not too shabby. Right now the school is hosting a conference for all the teachers of the Beaufort-Delta region, which is a huge region including Inuvik, Aklavik, Tuktoyaktuk, Ft McPherson, Tsiigehtchic, Sachs Harbour, Paulatok and Ulukhaktok. Most of the workshops are specifically geared towards teachers (eg math skills K-3), but I've signed up for a full day of On-the-Land activities on Friday. We have some speakers including Parks Canada staff and Elders from the community, which should be pretty cool. I just managed to grab a free pizza dinner by tagging along with the new teachers for an orientations session. I don't think I'll be eating as much pizza as down south. It's just not the same when you can't order it at 2am and it costs $30/pizza.
Next week I'll be settling down into my regular schedule, with half my time spent helping in essential level math classes (grade 10 & 11) and the other half working towards a functioning library. The first goal is to get the books on the shelves, so we can at least open the door and get students in here using it as a reference library. The cataloguing process can then begin once we have a those issues sorted out.
I managed to take in some local night life on the weekend, cutting loose at the legion after work last friday complete with cribbage, shuffleboard and 50/50 draws. Who could also forget the beef on a bun for $5. A local delicacy I had to sample twice. I rounded out my weekend with a visit to a teacher run garage sale, where my two new roomates and I managed to score a DVD player, a box of mostly romantic comedy VHS and 10 Kung Fu DVDs still in the wrapping. Needless to say the wrapping has come off and I will become a martial arts expert within a matter of weeks. How can you not with Bruce Lee, Bolo Yeung, Jackie Chan and Sonny Chiba as teachers?

3 comments:
I like your photo - did you have to dye your hair ??
I would like read more information about this, is very interesting! Thanks for the information. A worth bookmarking blog. I would be reading your articles regularly from now on.
Thanks for the information ...
chepest online viagra
Post a Comment